Are you using Technology as a tool to drive Social Change? Do you have what it takes to win the Changemakers Innovation Challenge? The Act Foundation is inviting Applications for Changemakers Innovation Challenge for non-profits and social enterprises across Africa who are using various technological /digital tools to create innovative social solutions.
The support including funding and trainings is to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
This is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa who are leveraging technology/ digital tools to create social change in their communities. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and develop communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards for profit ventures.
- Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship, Environment and Leadership.
- Nonprofits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital systems as major tools for the community impact. Show evidence of claim through provision of web links, Videos, Pictures and other online presence.
- Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
- All submitted social solutions must be at the growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures, news releases, etc. must be documented and shared during the application.
- Submitted innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. Pilot innovations will not be accepted.
For more information, visit http://changemakers.actrustfoundation.org/