Deadline: 13 October 2017
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is seeking proposals for its “Clinical trials to reduce health inequities in pregnant women, newborns and children” to accelerate the adaption and/or optimisation of treatment and prevention products (excluding vaccines) for PRDs in sub-Saharan Africa for use in pregnant women, newborns and/or children.
This call is restricted to the following diseases: HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, diarrhoeal diseases and lower respiratory infections.
- Call budget: €38.23 M
- Funding level: Up to 100% of eligible costs
EDCTP considers that proposals for activities of between 36 and 60 months duration would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.
- Consortia comprising a minimum of three independent legal entities are eligible to apply.
- Two of the legal entities must be established in two different European Participating States of the EDCTP Association and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African country.
- All three legal entities shall be independent of each other.
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
How to Apply
This is a two-stage application procedure. For the first stage, a letter of intent must be submitted via given website.
- European Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- Sub-Saharan African Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDCTP Call for Proposals.