Deadline: 29 September 2016
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is currently inviting applications for its Strategic Actions Supporting Health Systems/Services Optimization Research Capacities in Cooperation with Development Assistance Initiatives with an aim to support distinct strategic actions to strengthen the capacity of health systems to effectively deliver new products and to monitor their post-market safety. This will be achieved through effective cooperation with relevant European Union initiatives including development assistance.
The purpose of this program is to support distinct strategic actions (Coordination & Support Actions) which are part of a large-scale program of actions that is supported by EU, national and/or international development assistance initiatives and/or other funders.
- Development of Pharmacovigilance (PV) capacities in sub-Saharan Africa
- Translation of research into policy and practice
- Call budget is € 10M
- Maximum funding is € 3M
- EDCTP considers that proposals for activities of between 36 and 60 months duration would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.
- At least one legal entity established in a European Participating State (2) or a sub-Saharan African country (3).
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
How to Apply
- This is a two-stage application procedure.
- For the first stage, a letter of intent must be submitted online via the given website.
- European Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- Sub-Saharan African Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDCTP Grants.