Deadline: 29 September 2016
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is currently inviting applications for its Clinical Trials and Operational Research Studies to Optimize the Use of Products for Poverty-Related Diseases in Mothers, Newborns, Children and/or Adolescents with an aim to support actions on preventive and therapeutic clinical interventions of post-registration products, as well as related behavioral studies, aimed at optimizing use of new or improved products or combination of products for mothers, newborns, children and/or adolescents.
The objective of this call is to optimize the use, delivery and access to PRD (1) medicinal products in sub-Saharan Africa for mothers, newborns, children and/or adolescents. Supported projects should contribute to a better understanding of the role of PRDs in maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent mortality and morbidity, as well as the barriers for the optimal effectiveness of health products, such as existing drugs or vaccines against these diseases in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The call budget is 10 million EUR.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action should not exceed 3 million EUR.
- The funding level is 100% of eligible costs.
- Consortia comprising a minimum of three independent legal entities are eligible to apply.
- Two of the legal entities must be established in two different European Participating States(2) of the EDCTP Association and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African country(3).
- All three legal entities shall be independent of each other.
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
How to Apply
- This is a two-stage application procedure.
- For the first stage, a letter of intent must be submitted online via the given website.
- European Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- Sub-Saharan African Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDCTP Grants.