Deadline: 13 October 2016
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is currently inviting applications for its Strategic Actions Supporting Large-Scale Clinical Trials with an aim to support distinct strategic actions (clinical research activities) which are part of a large-scale clinical trial that has the potential to achieve rapid advances in the clinical development of new or improved medical interventions against PRDs.
Proposals must present the large-scale clinical trial in its entirety, clearly indicate for which part of the trial EDCTP2-funding is requested and how the financing of the other parts of the trial is ensured if applicable, and present its relevance to reaching the objectives of the EDCTP2 programme.
- The call budget is 28 million EUR.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per project should not exceed 15 million EUR.
- The funding level is 100% of eligible costs.
- Consortia comprising a minimum of three independent legal entities are eligible to apply.
- Two of the legal entities must be established in two different European Participating States(2) of the EDCTP Association and one of the legal entities must be established in a sub-Saharan African country(3).
- All three legal entities shall be independent of each other.
- ‘Sole participants’ formed by several legal entities (e.g. European Research Infrastructure Consortia, European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation, central purchasing bodies) are eligible if the above-mentioned minimum conditions are satisfied by the legal entities forming together the sole participant.
How to Apply
- This is a two-stage application procedure.
- For the first stage, a letter of intent must be submitted online via the given website.
- European Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
- Sub-Saharan African Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé & Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit EDCTP Grants.