Deadline: 15 September 2016
The UK Department for International Development (DFID), the UK Medical Research Council (MRC), the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and the Wellcome Trust have jointly announced a seventh call for proposals to fund global health trials in order to generate new knowledge about interventions that will contribute to the improvement of health in low and middle income countries.
Focus Areas (Not limited)
- Behavioural interventions
- Complex interventions
- Disease management
- Diagnostic strategies
- A total of up to £20 million is available. This is expected to fund several full trial awards.
- Up to £1 million of the total amount is expected to be spent on several trial development grants.
- This scheme is open to Principal Investigators who are employed by eligible institutions based in low or middle income countries (LMIC) where the research work will take place and to Principal Investigators who are employed by an eligible UK institution.
- Eligible UK institutions include UK Higher Education Institutions, Research Council institutes, and eligible Independent Research Organisations (IROs).
- For researchers based in LMIC, eligible institutions include higher education institutions and non-profit research institutions.
- If the application is submitted by an LMIC organisation, the primary headquarters of that organisation must be in one of the LMIC countries where the trial will take place. This means that the institution sponsoring a PI must be legally registered in the UK or in a LMIC and the PI must be employed by the institution that is hosting the research.
How to Apply
Applications will be submitted to and processed by MRC on behalf of the four partner agencies through the given website.
Afghanistan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Armenia, Albania, Angola, Kenya Bolivia, Algeria, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Cabo Verde, Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Zimbabwe, Cameroon Argentina, Bhutan, Congo, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Belarus, Burundi, Egypt, Belize, Cambodia, El Salvador, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Central African Republic, Georgia, Botswana, Chad, Ghana, Brazil, Comoros, Guatemala, Chile, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guyana, China (People’s Republic of), Djibouti, Honduras, Colombia, Equatorial Guinea, India, Cook Islands, Eritrea, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Kosovo, Cuba, Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Dominica, Guinea, Micronesia, Dominican Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Moldova, Ecuador, Haiti, Mongolia, Fiji, Kiribati, Morocco, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic Nicaragua, Gabon, Lesotho, Nigeria, Grenada, Liberia, Pakistan, Iran, Madagascar, Papua New Guinea, Iraq, Malawi, Paraguay, Jamaica, Mali, Philippines Jordan, Mauritania, Samoa, Kazakhstan, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, Myanmar, Swaziland, Libya, Nepal, Syrian, Arab Republic Malaysia, Niger, Tokelau, Maldives, Rwanda, Ukraine, Marshall Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Uzbekistan, Mauritius, Senegal, Viet Nam, Mexico, Sierra Leone, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Montenegro, Solomon Islands, Montserrat, Somalia, Namibia, South Sudan, Nauru, Sudan, Niue, Tanzania, Palau, Timor-Leste, Panama, Togo, Peru, Tuvalu, Saint Helena, Uganda, Saint Lucia, Vanuatu, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Yemen, Serbia, Zambia, Seychelles, South Africa, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uruguay, Venezuela, Wallis and Futuna, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.