The purpose of the Award is to stimulate and encourage innovation in national priority areas. The Award, therefore, plays a critical role in strengthening the national innovative capacity through motivation, recognition, and support of innovators.
- This year’s call will focus on innovations in key areas of the National Development Agenda and are addressing post-COVID-19 recovery.
- The award will be for purposes of product development and/ or pre-commercialization of innovation.
- In each thematic area, a finalist will be selected. Each finalist will receive an Innovation Award worth Kenya Shillings Eight Hundred Thousand (KES. 800,000.00) through recognized affiliate institutions.
The thematic areas will be as follows:
- Theme 1: Medical Technologies and Health Solution
- Theme 2: Built Environment and Housing Technologies
- Theme 3: Agricultural and Food technologies
- Theme 4: Energy Systems
- Theme 5: Manufacturing, Engineering, and ICT.
For more information, visit http://www.innovationagency.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/award.pdf