The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and Seedstars have launched an open call to startups across Asia to take part in the Smart Cities Innovation Lab (SCIL). The project invites entrepreneurs with regional focus on Sihanoukville (Cambodia), Chiangmai (Thailand), or Surabaya (Indonesia) to collaborate with municipal governments to scale up sustainable smart city solutions.
- An opportunity to roll out a Proof-of-Concept or a Pilot with one of SCIL’s partner cities (Chiangmai, Sihanoukville, or Surabaya) based on your regional focus.
- A grant to support the pilot roll out.
- An opportunity to explore a long-term partnership with the partner cities after the pilot roll out.
- Smart cities workshops and 1:1 mentorship sessions with an industry leader and expert.
- Pilot discussion and planning support from Seedstars and ESCAP team.
- Local Media exposure and features on Seedstars & ESCAP social media platforms.
This project is open to startups and entrepreneurs in Asia Pacific, with operations or focuses in the targeted countries: Cambodia, Thailand, or Indonesia. The criteria to apply are as follows:
- Must have a product or service that is ready for proof-of-concept or pilot testing
- Must be a startup working on one of the following Smart City themes:
- Enhancing mobility infrastructure for inclusive accessibility.
- Improving the natural environment for a high standard of living.
- Advancing industry and nurturing innovation.
- Advancing civic and social development.
- Improving health and well-being in a smart city.
- Robust digital infrastructure and applications through data security.
- Urban Management.
- Improving Tourism.
For more information, visit SCIL.