WACI Health and GFAN Africa in partnership with the Global Fund, the Global Financing Facility, Gavi, PMNCH and UHC2030 invite applications for a virtual regional Training of Trainers (ToT) focused on health budget advocacy and UHC in Africa.
This regional ToT, focused on Anglophone Africa, is part of the Joint Learning Agenda for CSO engagement in Health Financing and is a multi-partner initiative that will align the partners efforts to provide CSOs with the right skills, tools and support to request further transparency on health funding (including external funding) mobilisation, allocation and execution; and to conduct budget monitoring and advocacy around health spending on COVID-19 response and recovery through strong and resilient health systems that contribute both to health security and UHC. The programme will run over 2 years, and will focus on the African continent for the first batch of countries.
The goal of this ToT is to develop a cadre of trainers who are capable of providing training on health financing, UHC and budget advocacy to civil society actors, media organizations and elected officials at the national level, and to provide support and mentoring to CSOs engaged in these activities in 10 selected countries.
The objective of the training is to promote multi-stakeholder collaboration and capacity building for those working in health financing. This training will allow participants to acquire the skills necessary to:
- Engage in issues of health financing and budget advocacy;
- Identify inefficiencies in budget allocation towards health programs in relation to demand and provide recommendations for optimal allocations;
- Understand the national budgeting process and the opportunities to influence the allocation of the health budget;
- Monitor the effective implementation of health budgets and make recommendations to resolve the low absorption bottlenecks;
- Produce and present health policy briefs with evidence-based conclusions and recommendations;
- Identify and collaborate with partners/influencers.
WACI Health is looking for resource persons from civil society or others (consultants, health economists, university lecturers, and related professions) who can work with and support CSOs to be trained and to serve as trainers and mentors to facilitate training and provide support to Civil Society Organizations and other partners at the national level in the area of health financing.
- This call invites applicants from the following first batch of countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. A total of 20 participants from 10 of these countries will be selected on a competitive basis.
How To Apply
- Complete the World Health Organization (WHO) online course on health financing policy and universal healthcare coverage (UHC). This course is free.
- On completing it, download your certificate which must be submitted along-side your application to participate in the health financing training.
- The deadline for application is 27th January 2021.
For more information, visit https://wacihealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Call-for-Applications-Regional-ToT-on-Health-Financing-.pdf