The 2024 SCI Youth Grant Pitch Contest is open to middle school and high school youth teams from throughout the Greater Boston area, with a special interest in youth teams from Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, and Woburn based on SCI’s current service area.
The youth team application is open to schools, youth programs, and youth-serving nonprofits. SCI will review applications and up to 12 selected youth teams will be matched with volunteer coaches from the business and nonprofit sectors in January 2024. Volunteer coaches will mentor each youth team in the development of their project idea into a pitch presentation over the course of six weeks from February 2024 – March 2024. The program will culminate at the in-person pitch event on Saturday, April 6th, 2024.
Youth groups that are awarded funds will have until November 2024 to complete their project and submit their project impact report. SCI will provide ongoing support to awarded youth teams as they implement their projects.
This project is supported by Kick It for a Cause, Winning Home, Inc., the AmeriCorps Agency, Massachusetts Service Alliance, and a Massachusetts state budget line item, thanks to the advocacy of State Senator Cindy Friedman. Major support for SCI Woburn is provided by Cummings Properties.
What the SCI YGPC Offers?
- $10,000 worth of grants to a minimum of 7 youth-led groups
- Receive coaching from local professionals
- Identify an issue and design a pitch
- Address a need in your community
- Youth groups, grades 6-12, in schools, clubs, and after-school programs from the Greater Boston area are invited to apply after identifying a need in their community that they would like to address, with an emphasis on funding for mental health projects that address the needs of their peers.
For more information, visit SCI Social Capital Inc.