Deadline: 14 March 2019
The U.S. Embassy Tanzania’s PEPFAR Office has announced that funding is available through its Ambassador’s Fund for HIV/AIDS Relief (AFHR) with funding from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
PEPFAR Tanzania invites proposals for projects that:
- Improve treatment literacy in the context of Tanzania’s transition to Tenofovir, Lamivudine, and Dolutegravier (TLD)
- Address stigma and discrimination
- Include innovative solutions to preventing and accessing support related to gender-based violence (GBV)
- Reaching men with testing and linkage to treatment
- Engage faith communities on any of the above points
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Targeted beneficiaries of the PEPFAR Tanzania Ambassador’s Fund for HIV/AIDS Relief (AFHR) for this proposal include the following:
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs)
- Key Populations (KPs)
- Men and Young Males
- People Living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Adolescents Girls and Young Women (AGYW) (with an emphasis on AGYW 10-14 years of age)
Type of Projects that would be considered for Funding
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
This list outlines a sample of the type of projects that would be considered for funding. This list is not comprehensive. Other projects that address the topics in the “Program Description” section will be taken under consideration.
- Community-based efforts to expand treatment literacy to ensure an understanding that ART should be started immediately upon diagnosis, that having an undetectable viral load means the virus isn’t transmissible, and ensuring an understanding of the transition to TLD as the primary first-line therapy
- Innovative projects to reach men with HIV testing and ensure linkage to care and treatment that may include health education, HIV testing and counseling; couples counseling; safer sexual practices such as condom promotion; risk reduction counseling; education programs to reduce incidence of gender-based violence (GBV)
- Training program for religious leaders to leverage faith-based structures to reduce stigma and discrimination
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Length of performance period: 12 Months
- Award amounts: Grants can be between $5,000 and $25,000 USD (Budget should be submitted in Tanzanian shillings and is calculated on the daily exchange rate if awarded
- The PEPFAR Small Grants Office welcomes applications from registered non-profit Tanzanian organizations such as Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). Organizations must provide proof of their TIN registration or their tax-exempt certification.
- Organizations selected for funding are required to have a direct impact in their local community and have community support in the form of funding, labor and/or other services. Selected organizations must be able to establish clear performance goals, indicators and timely project deliverables that can be externally verified. Funded organizations are also required to monitor, measure and report results achieved in accordance with PEPFAR’s reporting requirements. Once the grant is over, the organization must be able to continue on its own or with other funding from the community and/or other donors.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://tz.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/pepfar/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.