Deadline: 1 July 2020
The ViiV Healthcare is proud to open the 2020 application process for the Positive Action Community Grants, a grant opportunity for organizations in the HIV community in need of general operating, project, and special event support.
Positive Action Community Grants aim to provide organizations with the means to reach people not currently benefiting from existing HIV support services or programs. Since 2009, Community Grants have supported more than 180 organizations from 33 states in their work to improve diagnosis, treatment, care, and resources for people living with HIV.
Through Positive Action Community Grants, ViiV Healthcare supports community organizations in the U.S. that address HIV/AIDS disparities and close gaps in care for those most affected by HIV/AIDS. In selecting grantees in the U.S., ViiV Healthcare prioritizes community-driven efforts that:
- Advance new insights and work that elevates the voices of people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Put the perspectives of the HIV community at the center of HIV education, prevention, and care design and decision making;
- Connect people and strengthen networks through community events, conferences, workshops and formal collaborations;
- Provide direct, high-quality, culturally competent and accessible support services in communities disproportionately impacted by HIV/AIDS;
- Reach people not currently benefiting from existing support services or programs;
- Use an innovative approach or model that may be replicable.
Organizations may apply for general operating support, project support and special event support.
At minimum, eligible nonprofit organizations must meet all of the following criteria, and/or engage a fiscal sponsor that meets all of the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-designated nonprofit organization;
- Be located in the U.S. or Puerto Rico;
- Provide programs and support primarily to those persons or communities impacted by or affected by HIV in the U.S.;
- Received no more than 25 percent of your total operating budget (total annual revenue) in 2019 from ViiV Healthcare and anticipate the same for 2020;
- Organizations applying for the grant must be the same organization receiving the funds and must be responsible for the implementation and management of the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://viivhealthcare.com/en-us/positive-action-community-grants/