Deadline: 22 November 2019
The Souter Charitable Trust (SCT) has announced the grant program to support projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in all its aspects in the UK and overseas especially, but not exclusively, those with a Christian emphasis and ethos.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Souter Charitable Trust was set up by Sir Brian and his wife Lady Elizabeth in 1992 and over the last 13 years has awarded over 13,000 grants worth more than £98 million.
The trust supports projects for the relief of human suffering in the UK and overseas and, as committed Christians, Sir Brian and Lady Elizabeth are particularly interested in projects that also promote spiritual welfare.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only. Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organisations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after once calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
- All grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees and their decision is final.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applications must be submitted either via postal or email at the address given on the website.
- Applications should be kept short, 2 sides of A4 is sufficient. The trustees are looking for a brief outline of the project aims and what the funding is required for a budget may be included and a copy of their latest audited accounts should be included.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://www.soutercharitabletrust.org.uk/guidelines.aspx
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.