Deadline: 27 June 2019
New ideas contest on Desall.com: EMERGENCY, SOSDesign and Desall is currently inviting applicants to design Spaces, Products and Services to meet lifestyle and medical needs in regions affected by war.
Design against war is a project by SOSDesign, devised for EMERGENCY and promoted and supported by Desall and Cumulus, under the patronage of ADI (Associazione per il Disegno Industriale – Association for the Industrial Design).
Competition of ideas for Spaces, Products, Services on the needs and desires of life and care in affected areas, devastated and conditioned by war.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Spaces, Products, and Services which would solve, contain, facilitate, sustain, and emphasise the practical, psychological, relational, or cultural aspects of contexts shaped by conflict – this can be severe and widespread conflict, such as those in Afghanistan and Iraq, or more contained, insidious conflicts, like those that can be found in parts of Italy.
Submissions capable of informing a concept (abstract), a solution (practical), or a process (conceptual) that could aid treatment, protection, assistance, preservation, information, analysis, transportation, connection and payment (and so on) in contexts severely affected by war.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The jury is tasked with announcing the three category winners; a SpaceMouse Award will be presented to the winner of each of the three categories (Spaces, Products and Services).
- From these three submissions, the jury must also select an overall winner, who will be presented with the Experience Award.
- The jury will select, where possible, a winner in the Products category, who will be presented with the Prototyping Award.
- The jury reserves the right to give honorable mentions to any submissions of sufficiently high quality.
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older (at the time of submission).
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the web site, via the upload page related to “Design against war” will be accepted.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
In evaluating the submissions, EMERGENCY and the jury will assess the following:
- Social Impact
- Degree of Innovation
- Technical Feasibility
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://desall.com/Contest/Design-against-war/Brief