As an Ambassador, you’ll engage with your community by participating in one or more leadership activities on a quarterly basis. Ambassadors receive support from Google and the larger Ambassador community.
- Organize an event: Host a meet-up, power panel, or an International Women’s Day event to educate, connect and inspire your tech community
- Deliver a talk: Share your expertise on any topic. Previous ambassadors have shared their knowledge on Google technologies, DEI efforts, well-being, and more.
- Create a resource: Film a video, create custom code snippets, or write a blog post, and share your knowledge with the community
- Mentor others: Mentor others and help empower the next generation of technologists
- Network: Connect with 1000+ Ambassadors worldwide who are equally passionate about technology and creating a more diverse and inclusive industry
- Lead: Play an active role in your tech community through organizing events, speaking, creating content, or mentoring, with support from Google
- Learn: Receive exclusive access to Google-led talks and workshops on topics like developing your leadership skills and going deep on Google technologies
- Shine: Be recognized for your impactful work in the community by the global Women Techmakers team
- Ambassador applicants must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Active leaders in your tech community with at least 1 year of experience organizing events, speaking at events, creating resources like blogs or videos and/or mentoring others
- Interested in further skill development, with a genuine interest in Google technologies
- Willing to actively participate in the program and commit time to executing any of the community activities above throughout the year (~10 hours/quarter minimum commitment)
- Ambassador responsibilities:
- Perform any of the following activities in your tech community at least once every 3 months: organize events, speak at an event, create resources, mentor others
- Participate in program benefits including networking events, community building, and development sessions
- Adhere to program guidelines
- Commit to their mission to build a world where all women can thrive in tech!
For more information, visit https://developers.google.com/womentechmakers/ambassadors