Applications are now open for Change2Twin Deployment Voucher.
They are looking for manufacturing SMEs and mid-caps that want to improve their competitiveness by implementing Digital Twinning Technology.
Their support programme, encapsulating funding & technical mentorship, will help you in overcoming that challenge by developing and implementing digital twin technology.
The goal of your project must be the development of a digital twin for your manufacturing SME or mid-cap and implementation of the respective technologies and systems.
Please note that funding is only applicable for the implementation of digital twin technologies in end-user manufacturing SMEs and midcaps, not in technology providers.
The digital twinning technology should be used for one or several of the following purposes:
- Virtual Design: Model-based system engineering, including analysis and design, ensuring that requirements are met and providing for seamless integration, test, verification and validation.
- Customer Engagement: Interactive display of the system and its capabilities, for customers to understand how it meets their needs and how they will use it.
- Commissioning: Checking the on-site implementation of a system against its design as captured in the digital twin to detect commissioning faults or anomalies.
- Feedback to Engineering: Capturing usage characteristics with the digital twin to inform engineering of needs to change designs, or for future designs, or of operational risks.
- Monitoring: Monitoring of a system’s operation by the digital twin that is then able to, e.g., detect anomalies, performance degradation, etc.
- Optimization & Best Quality: Process control with the digital twin to optimize a systems operation for best performance and efficiency.
- Scheduling: Organization of workflows based on actual data and insights provided by the digital twin.
- Diagnosis: Investigation of the cause or nature of a fault condition, situation, or problem in the physical system by reasoning on live data within the digital twin.
- Preventive Maintenance: Maintenance and service of a physical system that lessens the likelihood of failures based on the observed and inferred system state as visible in the digital twin.
- Smart Logistics: Logistic processes that adapt to live data of needs and options as visible in the digital twin.
- Smart Systems: Systems that adapt to their dynamic environment, state, or tasks and potentially learn how to do that best. The digital twin is then a core part of the system’s control.
What do they offer?
- You will take part in an 11 month support programme to adopt digital twinning technology to improve the competitiveness of your company. You will receive:
- Up to 90 000 Euro as a lump sum to cover the costs to deploy and implement technology and systems applicable to digital twins for manufacturing.
- Technical mentorship to support the Digital Twin deployment in each phase of its implementation from user requirements to design specification.
- The Deployment Voucher support programme is divided in two stages:
- Stage 1 – Inception. During 2 months the technical partners will help you define the user requirements of your digital twin. Additionally, the framework of the experiment will be communicated and agreed with you.
- Stage 2 – Implementation. During 9 months you will receive the necessary support to focus on the implementation of the digital twin technology.
- Manufacturing SME’s and mid-caps from the EU, Horizon 2020 associated countries or the UK.
- Companies applying to this open call will ideally have already reached a digitisation level of 3, which means that they preferably already use dashboards and data from important business processes, such as production, are made available by the use of sensors.
- The minimum level of digitization for companies that apply to the open call is 2, in which digital systems in the organisation are largely connected to each other and exchange data to provide business application and software with relevant information.
For more information, visit https://change2twin-dv-opencall.fundingbox.com/