Deadline: 30 June 2016
The South Asia Women’s Fund has announced a call for applications for its 2016-17 phase grants. Applications are invited from women’s organisations and individual women from Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Promoting a rights based perspective and feminist principles in women’s rights work in the region, key components of which are women’s decision making, agency and voices
- Strengthening women’s leadership, especially young women’s leadership
- Networking and collaborations among and between women’s rights groups and activists at a sub national, national and regional level
- Strengthening Feminist Voices, USD 1000-10,000: g
- Right to Safe and Secure Mobility, USD 5000-10,000
- Right to Physical Integrity and Decision-making, USD 5000-7,500
- Access to Justice, USD 1000-5000
- Any woman’s organisation whose annual budget is under USD 50,000, located in the focal countries (mentioned below) can apply
- At least 70% of its decision-making body and staff should be women, its team should be led by a woman, and at least 70% of its programmatic resources should be spent on working for women’s rights
- The organisation should be committed to feminist principles and rights based approaches
- A second-line woman leader of an organisation (which is not a women’s rights organisation) may apply for an individual grant
- Individual women activists or scholars may apply for small grants (USD 1000-5000) under any of the thematics
How to Apply
Applicants can download the Letter of Interest (LoI) via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
For more information, please visit South Asia Women’s Fund.