Deadline: 3 August 2016
The Asia Pacific Network (APN) for Global Change Research is inviting applicants for the two programmes:
- The Collaborative Regional Research Program for Global Change Research (CRRP)
- The Capacity Development Program (CAPaBLE)
The mission of APN is to enable investigations of changes in the Earth’s life support systems and their implications for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through support for research and science-based response strategies and measures, effective linkages between science and policy, and scientific capacity development.
- Supporting regional and international cooperation in research on global change and sustainability issues particularly relevant to the region.
- Enhancing capabilities to participate in research on global change and sustainability and to support science-based decision-making.
- Strengthening appropriate interactions among scientists and policy makers, and providing scientific input to policy decision-making and scientific knowledge to civil society and the public.
- Cooperating with other global change and sustainability networks and organisations.
Areas of Interest
- Research Agenda
- Climate Change and Climate Variability;
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems;
- Changes in the Atmospheric, Terrestrial and Marine Domains;
- Resources Utilisation and Pathways for Sustainable Development; and
- Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Capacity Development Agenda
- Individual-based capacity development
- Group, organisation, network-based capacity development
- Societies, governance, system level capacity development
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country (mentioned below) are eligible to apply APN grant.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, Viet Nam, Maldives, Myanmar, Pacific Island States and Singapore.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.