Deadline: 10 June 2016
ProSPER.Net is currently inviting applications for its 2016 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme with an aim to provide opportunities for participants to develop inter-disciplinary skills to lead sustainable development initiatives appropriate to local, regional or global contexts. Participants will go through a unique experience that will assist them in leading efforts towards developing work with a clearer vision and understanding regarding diverse perspectives, focusing on collaborative efforts, leveraging networks and involving multiple stakeholders.
Participants of the Leadership Programme will:
- Gain competencies in adaptive leadership, which involves creativity, appreciative thinking, alternative scenario building, and future visioning.
- Gain skills in communication and consensual decision-making processes through interpersonal active listening activities, and group decision-making simulations.
- Learn team project development skills through problem-based learning cases in the community.
- Enhance leadership qualities to serve societal needs
Participants will be selected on the basis of written application according to the following criteria:
- Affiliation to a ProSPER.Net member university; YRS alumni; YSA finalist or winner; professionals from public and private sector working in the Asia-Pacific region
- High level of understanding of written and spoken English language
- An advanced understanding of sustainability and its relevance for own research or work
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work in a team environment and contribute to community service activities
How to Apply
- For those who wish to participate in the programme, please read the instructions in the application form and submit the form along with a CV and a recommendation letter from the direct supervisor via email.
- Application form and tentative programme are available on the given website.
Australia, China, Fiji Islands, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States, Vietnam.
To know more about the member institutions of ProSPER.Net, please visit on this link.
For more information, please visit ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme.