The Joke Waller-Hunter Initiative is seeking applications for its Grant Program to promote lasting change towards a more sustainable world the environmental movement is in constant need of inspirational and skillful leadership.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential. By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency.
The mission of the JWH Initiative is thus to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Young people working for environmental CSOs, especially in developing countries, often have few opportunities to develop leadership skills due to a lack of resources for schooling, training or practical learning.
The grant is in no case to be used for any activities which do not directly benefit the leadership and learning of the grantee. The grant money can therefore not be used for:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Implementing or developing any projects;
- Paying indirect costs, administration fees or salaries of other persons besides the grantee.
- 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
- 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
- 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
- The nominator should be someone who knows the candidate well and is familiar with her/his aims and goals and can vouch for her/his bona fides. Self-nomination is in no case accepted by JWH Initiative.
- Candidates should be ‘young’ people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership. (They generally define ‘young’ as individuals under 35 years of age. However, it mainly refers to people who work in junior positions in their organisations who have the potential and ambition to develop into a leadership role.)
- The candidate, furthermore, has proof of an excellent track record in: fully embracing the idea of sustainable development with a focus on ecological sustainability; being committed to working for the CSO sector; showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in his/her field of work, such as being inspirational to others, working with communities, etc.
- Application for nominations must be done in English. The information provided should be typed appropriately in the spaces provided in the nomination form. All fields need to be filled in. Failure to fill in the form correctly and completely might render the nomination invalid.
For more information, visit http://www.jwhinitiative.org/grantees/upcoming/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.