The Squamish Community Foundation (SCF) is seeking proposals for the 2021 Community Enhancement Grants Program.
SCF has entered into a 4-year agreement with the District of Squamish to manage and distribute the Community Enhancement Grants. Community Grants support vulnerable citizens, youth, reconciliation, equity and diversity, social wellbeing, and connectedness in the community. Community Enhancement Grants are funded by the District of Squamish.
The overall goal of the Community Enhancement Grant is to enhance the quality of life of the residents of Squamish. The general goals of the Community Grant Program are as follows:
- To encourage community groups to form partnerships, collaborate and leverage their resources/ share costs to achieve their project goals;
- To promote a healthy, caring, safe and supportive community for all;
- To increase community capacity;
- To encourage and foster community involvement and volunteerism.
- Community Enhancement Grant recipient programs should support the DOS’s Official Community Plan:
- Liveable: Squamish is highly liveable with a vibrant small-town feel.
- Healthy: The community has a holistic view of health that looks at ecological, physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of well-being.
- Resilient: Squamish residents, organizations and government work together to adapt to change creatively and collaboratively.
- Connected: People in Squamish feel connected, welcomed and genuinely included.
- Engaged: The community is passionate and engaged in the community and civic life. A culture of collaboration supports meaningful opportunities for people to get involved.
- Projects should benefit District of Squamish residents.
- Eligible Organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Registered Charities.
- Eligible Projects
- Decolonization and reconciliation initiatives;
- Intergenerational programming;
- Enhancement of neighbourhood connectivity;
- Environmental stewardship, sustainability and/or climate action;
- Equity and Diversity programming;
- Support of physical health, mental health and/or social wellbeing;
- Youth-led initiatives;
- Programming for social services that assist Squamish’s vulnerable populations;
- Recreation Programming.
For more information, visit https://www.squamishfoundation.com/grants-and-funds/#communityenhancement