The Arts Council England is inviting applications for Transition Programme to provide support for 2022/23 National Portfolio Organisations (and organisations supported through Business Plan funding).
What is the funding period?
- The Transition Programme provides:
- Up to three months’ funding for National Portfolio Organisations (or those that were funded outside the National Portfolio through Business Plan funding) during the year ended 31 March 2023 and that were unsuccessful in their applications to the 2023-26 Investment Programme. The funding period for these organisations is therefore 1 April 2023 to 30 June 2023; or
- Up to six months’ funding for National Portfolio Organisations (or those funded outside the National Portfolio through Business Plan funding) during the year ending 31 March 2023 who receive a conditional offer of funding in October 2022, but are unable to reach agreement with the Arts Council on a Funding Agreement for the 2023-26 investment period. The funding period for these organisations is therefore 1 April 2023 to 30 September 2023.
Who the money is for?
- You can get transition money from us if your organisation had money from their National Portfolio or Business Plan funding up to 2023 and
- You applied for money for 2023-2026 but they said you won’t get any.
- You had a conditional offer for 2023-2026 but did not make an agreement with us.
- A conditional offer is an offer of money with certain rules that have to be followed.
What can be applied for?
- Eligible organisations must demonstrate a clear need for funding.
- They may apply for costs to support:
- Moving towards/adopting a new business model
- Activity during the year ending 31 March 2024 for which forward commitments have been made, for example contracts for freelancers
- The orderly winding down of elements of the organisation’s activity, should the board or equivalent determine that the activity cannot continue without Arts Council investment
- The orderly winding down of their organisation, should the board or equivalent decide on this course of action (provided that costs incurred exceed the level of reserves).
- Eligible costs include (but are not limited to):
- Commitments made to freelance artists for activity that is due to take place during the year ending 31 March 2024
- Planned cultural activity, provided that it is concluded by the end of the funding period
- Professional fees, for example accountants and/or insolvency practitioners
- Consultants’ fees, for example for business advice including human resources
- Contribution to reserves, provided that the contribution does not increase your reserves to a level in excess of your stated policy.
- Eligible organisations can now apply to Transition for funding which is equivalent to seven months of their current NPO grant.
- The Transition Programme is for organisations that have received National Portfolio or Business Plan extension funding for the year ending 31 March 2023 and have been unsuccessful in their applications to the 2023-26 Investment Programme as a National Portfolio Organisation or Investment Principles Support Organisation or have been unable to reach agreement with the Arts Council on a Funding Agreement for the 2023-26 investment period.
- Organisations at risk of insolvency will be ineligible.
For more information, visit https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/investment23/2023-26-investment-programme-transition-programme