The Center for Civic Education is inviting proposals for the support of projects of civil society organisations (CSO) in Montenegro.
The project CSOs in Montenegro – from basic services to policy shapers- M’BASE, within which framework the third call for proposals of CSOs was published, is implemented by the Centre for Civic Education (CCE), in partnership with the German foundation Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), NGO Center for the Protection and Research of Birds (CZIP) and NGO Politikon Network (PIN) from Montenegro, in cooperation with the Ministry of Public Administration and Ministry of European Affairs of the Government of Montenegro. The project is financed by the European Union and co-financed by the Ministry of Public Administration.
The target groups are CSOs, particularly those working outside the capital of Montenegro and in less developed areas, local authorities, institutions, journalists and media professionals, young people, women, etc. The final beneficiaries are the citizens and overall civil society in Montenegro.
- The overall objective is to strengthen CSOs’ capacities to become professional, effective, accountable, independent and visible actors in the country’s participatory democracy process.
- The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- Contribution to the advancement of the integration of Montenegro into the EU by empowering the participation of civil society in decision-making processes and implementation of reforms;
- Strengthening partnerships between CSOs, as well as CSOs and local authorities.
- The priorities and proposed topics of the projects for this Call for Proposals should be a response to the current challenges in areas important for the democratization and Europeanization of Montenegro.
- Within this framework, project proposals should be thematically focused on the following areas:
- Encouraging inclusive and responsible democratic approaches and Europeanization of society;
- Strengthening the rule of law, prevention and fight against corruption;
- Protection and promotion of human rights, especially of the marginalized groups;
- Promotion of gender equality;
- Strengthening support services for the vulnerable groups;
- Environmental protection and advocacy for sustainable development;
- Support to development of civic activism and volunteerism at the local level;
- Improvement of the youth policies and the position of youth;
- Stimulating innovative cultural expressions.
- Activities that can be supported by this call within the mentioned priorities, themes and areas:
- Participation of CSOs in the monitoring of the drafting and implementation of public policies, as well as openness and accountability of institutions;
- Research and analysis with accompanying recommendations and advocacy towards improving public policies and the legislative framework in line with EU standards and best practices;
- Provision of psychosocial, legal and other forms of support, particularly to vulnerable groups;
- Networking and partnerships building within civil society, strengthening existing civil society platforms or coalitions directed towards advocacy for issues related to the content of this call;
- Organization of training events and implementation of training programmes;
- Organization of seminars, conferences, workshops, round tables, etc;
- Publication of reports, leaflets, brochures, manuals, online and other materials;
- Video production;
- Conducting information and public awareness campaigns;
- Development of innovative methodologies and materials in the field of education, digital technologies, etc.;
- Organising cultural events, performances, exhibitions, competitions, etc.
- Initiating discussions on socially important issues in Montenegro through various cultural forms.
Notes: the list of activities is not exhaustive but can serve as a possible guide for interested CSOs in the context of the set objectives, priorities and themes of the call. Mainstreaming of gender dimension within the projects is strongly recommended.
- The allocation of funds will be done through three categories:
- Within the first category it is planned to allocate 100, 000 EUR,
- within the second 150, 000 EUR and
- within the second one 300, 000 EUR.
- A total of EUR 550,000 will be allocated through this Call for Proposals.
- The amount of funds that can be allocated for an individual project under this call will range from a minimum of EUR 10,000 to a maximum of EUR 60,000.
- In order to be eligible for participation in this call, CSOs must meet all criteria as follows:
- Be a legal person;
- Be non-profit-making;
- Be a civil society organization ;
- Be registered in Montenegro at least 12 months before the deadline for submission of project proposals and that they have their headquarters in Montenegro;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project.
For more information, visit https://cgo-cce.org/en/2022/09/13/iii-call-for-proposals-for-the-support-for-projects-of-civil-society-organisations-cso-in-montenegro/