Deadline: 9 January 2017
The Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) has announced its fourth call for proposals for funding forstrategic programs to alleviate poverty, improve rural incomes, and improve food and nutrition security.
GAFSP is comprised of two financing windows:
- The Public Sector Window that, through grants, finances public investment and technical assistance to support implementation of country-led initiatives, giving priority to those with evidence of stakeholder participation from project design to implementation
- The Private Sector Window that provides long- and short-term loans, credit guarantees, equity investment, and technical assistance to the private sector for activities in agricultural development and food security.
- Raising agricultural productivity
- Linking farmers to markets
- Reducing risk and vulnerability
- Improving non-farm rural livelihoods
- Technical assistance and institutional support
GAFSP expects to allocate at least $125 million in total grant funding to the 3-5 highest ranked proposals
The call for proposals will be open to all members of the International Development Association (IDA) that are eligible to receive financing from IDA and not IBRD (“IDA-only countries”) and that are not in non-accrual status (mentioned below).
How to Apply
- Proposals should be sent via e-mail at the address given on the website.
- Submission documents must be in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PDF.
South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal.
East Asia and the Pacific: Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, FS, Myanmar, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
ECA: Kosovo, Kyrgyz Rep., Tajikistan
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, CAR, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana , Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
Latin America: Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua.
Middle East: Yemen.
For more information, please visit 4th GAFSP Call for Proposals.