We have created a list of some recently opened funding opportunities for Asian countries by various foundations that support NGOs, institutions and individuals working for the development of Asia and its people who are facing challenges in various sectors of development i.e Education, Health, Environment, Human Rights, Poverty etc.
Please visit the list by clicking “Next”.
Deadline: 16 October 2016
Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is currently inviting applications for its Small Grant Pilot Programme with an aim to conduct regional-based research in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Increase the participation of young researchers, who are at an early stage in their career, in regional-based research in global change and sustainability.
- Provide a platform for young researchers to utilize their knowledge and innovative ideas to address regional issues related to global change and sustainability.
- Encourage young researchers to think about regional-based and applied holistic approaches in providing solutions to global change and sustainability.
Grant limit for each project will be US$10,000-US$15,000 per year and the maximum duration will be two years.
Proposals may only be submitted by proponents who fulfill the criteria as set out below:
- Is a former trainee of APN’s PDTW
- Has (as a minimum):
- Master’s degree with three years of working experience; and/or
- A PhD degree with at least one year of working experience;
- Received his/her highest postgraduate degree within the previous ten years.
- Has demonstrated strong academic background with published journal articles and/or significant contribution to advancing global change and/or sustainability issues in/with developing capacities.
- Is not currently leading a project or is a former project leader of an APN project.
- Is not older than 40 years old by (the time this program is launched).
- Is presently working at an institution/organization based in an APN member country?
- Researchers from APN-approved countries are not eligible to be proponents but can collaborate in a proposal.
- One proponent may only submit one proposal.
- Proponents who are invited to submit a full proposal under APN’s annual call for 2016 are not eligible to submit a proposal CRYS call.
How to Apply
Interested applications must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, Viet Nam.
For more information, please visit APN Small Grant Pilot Programme.