The call is launched under Outcome 2 of the Program – Civil society organizations actively involved in protecting human rights and promoting equal treatment and covers two areas supported by Active Citizens Fund Romania, “Human rights and equal treatment by combating all forms of discrimination on reasons of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity” and “Gender equality and gender-based violence (GBV)”.
The objectives of this Call are:
- Strengthening the role of NGOs in advocacy and watchdog on human rights and equal treatment, gender equality and combating gender-based violence;
- Increasing citizens’ awareness of their rights, as well as their ability to identify, report and react to discrimination, hate speech in public, human rights violations, harmful institutional practices, and shortcomings at the level of legislation or its application.
- Types of Grants:
- Medium Grants: Between 50,001 and 75,000 Euros;
- Big Grants: Between 75,001 and 150,000 Euro.
- Financial Allocation:
- 1,754,391 Euro for Medium and Large Grants.
- Special Allocation:
- 2,250,000 Euro for Gender Equality and Gender-Based Violence;
- 750,000 Euros for Combating Human Rights Violations and Roma Discrimination.
- Eligible projects address human rights in the context of current challenges related to strengthening democracy, reducing poverty and shifting the perspective towards a rights-based approach in various areas of activity.
- Projects that provide services to people affected / at risk of being discriminated against and violating human rights, including gender-based violence, are also eligible.
- Partnerships with other public / private entities are strongly encouraged.
- A special focus is on measures to combat human rights violations and discrimination against the Roma population and interventions on gender equality and gender-based violence.
- Eligible applicants are exclusively the following:
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations (NGOs), with Romanian nationality that have acquired legal personality, are organized and managed according to the provisions of Government Ordinance 26/2000 and / or Law 21/1924 on associations and foundations (with subsequent amendments and completions);
- The youth foundations at county and Bucharest level as well as the National Foundation for Youth established under Law 146/2002 (with subsequent amendments and completions);
- The Romanian National Red Cross Society established under Law 139/1995 (amended and supplemented by Law 524/2004) and its structures with legal personality.
- Eligible project partners:
- Projects can be implemented in partnership with Project Partners. Project partners will share the same values ??and economic or social objectives with those of the Applicant, which will be achieved through the implementation of the project. The partners will be actively involved and will effectively contribute to the implementation of the project.
- Partnership is not mandatory, but is encouraged, especially with Partners from Donor States. The following legal entities are eligible to be project partners: non-governmental organizations, public entities (such as local and central public bodies, public institutions / agencies, deconcentrated government services at local level, administrative units territorial, universities, etc.), as well as private entities (commercial or non-commercial), established as legal entities either in: Romania, Donor States (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Slovenia) and / or non-EU countries European Economic Area which have a common border with Romania (Moldova, Ukraine and Serbia), any international organization, its body or agency.
- Only the following entities are eligible to receive funding as Project Partners under the Program:
- NGOs that meet the eligibility requirements set for Applicants.
- International organizations, bodies or agencies thereof (international intergovernmental organizations or international non-governmental organizations);
- Public entities.
For more information, visit https://activecitizensfund.ro/apel-5-runda-2/