The Albanian Media Institute is seeking project proposals aimed at building the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) to help preserve media freedom and pluralism in the Western Balkans. The call for proposals is open to CSOs in Albania operating in the field of media, education, human rights or gender equality. Preferably they are looking for partnership projects with other CSOs.
This call for proposals is part of the regional project ” Confrontation “, supported by the European Union and implemented in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
- Enhancing the capacity of media CSOs and community organizations [grassroots] to address misinformation, propaganda and hate speech and to promote media education and gender equality;
- Strengthening the response of CSOs and the media to misinformation and hate speech;
- Increasing media education and citizens’ resistance to hate speech, misinformation and propaganda;
- Awareness and engagement of key stakeholders on good practices in addressing hate speech, misinformation and propaganda.
- The total budget for this call for proposals is 36,000 Euros.
- The requested grant must be between 3,000 – 9,000 Euros. Co-financing is not required.
- The duration of the proposed project should be between 9 and 18 months.
- CSO is a legal entity established and registered in Albania, according to national law and definitions
- CSO is operating in the field of media, education, human rights or gender equality, which appears from its founding documents.
- The CSO operates actively for at least one year (i.e. at least 12 months before the deadline for receipt of applications), as evidenced by a registration document.
- A CSO is a legal entity established and registered in a designated country in accordance with national law and definitions.
- Note on project partnership The project partnership should possibly include at least 1 CSO operating in small towns and rural areas, which should be seen from its reference projects.
- Interstate partnerships are not subject to this call for proposals.
For more information, visit http://www.institutemedia.org/2020/09/09/shpallja-e-thirrjes-per-propozime/