The American Humane is offering Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant Program to provide financial assistance to agencies for shelter expansion or improvements.
The Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant can help with projects such as:
- Animal environment enrichment
- Equipment for veterinary care
- Equipment for spay/neuter
- Kennel or cattery renovation
- Capital campaigns
- Equipment that positively impacts the welfare of animals in the shelter
- Grants may be awarded in any amount up to $4,000.
- Funding to any one agency is limited to $4,000 per fiscal year.
Note: Grant money must be used to increase and/or improve the quality of care given to animals.
- Meacham Grants may not be used for supplementing an agency’s operating budget, reducing deficits, purchasing vehicles, fund raising (e.g., gift shops, thrift stores), or for performing routine maintenance.
- Agencies receiving grants for construction or capital improvement must either:
- own the property on which such improvements will be made; or
- hold a longterm lease, with a minimum of five years remaining, on the property and/or facility.
- Organizations receiving funds for any purpose are accountable to American Humane for the use of the grant monies as designated in the proposal.
- At the completion of the project, or one year after the date of the award (whichever comes first), the grantee must submit a report indicating the deposition of funds and photographic or other evidence of the construction, improvement, or equipment provided by the grant.
- A plaque or other permanent acknowledgement of the award must be displayed by organizations that receive awards from this grant.
Before submitting an application, applicants must ensure that it includes all of the following documents or their request will be considered incomplete and may be discarded:
- Copy of 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Completed application
- Signed general release
- A detailed description of the project plan and its impacts for the animals as well as the agency/organization.
- A project budgetary proposal including quotes and estimated costs for
- Organizations may be requested to forward copies of receipts, invoices, and other documents in support of their report.
- All materials, including photographs, become the property of American Humane and will not be returned to the submitting party.
For more information, visit https://www.americanhumane.org/initiative/meacham-foundation-memorial-grant/