Deadline: 30 July 2016
The AmplifyChange is currently inviting applicants from eligible organisations for its Strengthening grants with an aim to support and strengthen the work of small to medium civil society organisations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at the local, community, district or national level.
Strengthening grants are also intended to help strengthen the organisational and technical capacity of groups.
- Ending Unsafe Abortion
- Gender-Based Violence
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Sexual Health of Young People
- Access for the Marginalised and Vulnerable
- Each Strengthening grant can between EUR 40,000 – EUR 100,000.
- The minimum duration is 6 months, the maximum duration is 18 months.
- Applicanst can be community groups, non-governmental organisations, indigenous groups, charitable organisations, faith based organisations, research institutes, social enterprise groups, public-private partnerships, communications and media groups and professional associations.
- The applicant organisation must be registered in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries (mentioned below) .
- The project must be implemented in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account.
- The project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change thematic areas which are:
- Gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation.
- Access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable people.
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including criminalisation of abortion and lack of availability of and access to comprehensive abortion care services.
- Sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage.
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of Congo, The Democratic Republic of the (formerly Zaire)Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique (Moçambique), Myanmar (formerly Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa (zuid Afrika), South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit AmplifyChange Strengthening Grants.