Suffolk Community Foundation has announced a call for applications for the Anglian Water Positive Difference Fund. Anglian Water operates at the heart of the community, and its employees live locally too, so they are committed to making this region a great place to live and work.
The coronavirus pandemic has shown that community has never been more important, and that is why Anglian Water created The Anglian Water Positive Difference Fund. It is providing grants to support projects which have a positive impact on the people and communities it serves, allowing it to provide help and connecting people with the practical and essential support they need.
The second part of the fund is open to constituted community organizations throughout Suffolk, which are supporting vulnerable, isolated, and older people at this time.
What can be supported within the fund themes?
- Running costs for organisations to provide support in line with the eligibility criteria, including volunteer expenses, staff costs, and transport; providing the organisation is focusing its attention on providing support to both existing, and any potential new beneficiaries.
- Capital costs, providing the capital item will address the priorities of the fund, and is linked to keeping older people or those in vulnerable circumstances connected to the outside world.
- Repeat applications under the same fund for continuation of projects that are proving to work well
- Applications from groups that already have live projects or pending applications are eligible.
- £5,000-£7,500 applications for up to £20,000 could be considered for the right project/ on exception.
The fund will not support applications for:
- Purchase of vehicles;
- Holiday schemes;
- Events, parties, trips and initiatives based upon mass gatherings;
- Work which does not directly benefit people living in the Anglian Water area;
- Work normally funded from statutory sources;
- Organisational structures not listed above, or projects which are not charitable in focus;
- Activities or projects which have already taken place (i.e., retrospective funding);
- Sponsored events, fundraising activities, or grant-making activities or bodies;
- Improvements to land/buildings that are not open to the general public at convenient hours;
- Projects promoting political activities, lobbying for causes, or projects whose main purpose is to promote religion (as distinct from religious organisations).
Applications are invited from constituted not-for-profit groups with an associated bank account into which funds can be transferred. If the applicant is an unincorporated voluntary body or not-for-profit Limited Company with an annual income over £5,000, in order to be eligible for a grant, it will need to be one of the recognised not-for-profit structures listed below:
- Registered Charity;
- Exempt Charity;
- Excepted Charity;
- Council (see exemptions);
- Community Interest Company (CIC);
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO);
- Community Amateur Sports Club.
To be eligible for funding, your project must support those in vulnerable circumstances or those who are considered high risk (including those with pre-existing medical conditions and older people over 60) and help to:
- Meet emerging needs resulting from the pandemic, especially for people who are at higher risk or find themselves in vulnerable circumstances as a result.
- Support projects that have a positive impact on people and communities in the region Anglian Water serves.
- Connect people, especially the most vulnerable, with the practical and essential support they need
- Support communities to recover from the impact of the pandemic.
- Support community assets, local charities, and community groups to adapt and (re)build, empowering communities from the ground up.
For more information, visit https://www.suffolkcf.org.uk/grants/anglian-water-positive-difference-fund/