Deadline: 29 August 2017
Comic Relief is seeking applications for its initiative entitled “Active Ageing: Creating Change in Communities” to reduce the inequality by supporting organisations seeking to remove barriers and promote inclusion.
Comic Relief is launching a £1.5 million fund to engage older people aged 65 and over from ‘harder to reach’ groups to get involved in opportunities which use their skills, knowledge and experience to contribute to their communities.
This funding programme is specifically targeting older people who don’t usually participate in volunteering or social activities because they are from a disadvantaged community, or face other barriers to participating.
Comic Relief anticipates making between 15-25 grants across the UK, and the total amount of funding available is £1.5 million.
For the activities to have positive benefits for the older people involved, they should:
- Provide meaningful roles with opportunities for social interaction and leadership.
- Ensure that older people are recognised and valued for their contribution.
The primary outcomes of the work should focus on the benefits to the older people, though we will also be interested in capturing the wider benefits to the community. Applications will need to meet at least one of the following outcomes:
- Older people improve their mental health and wellbeing;
- Older people increase the quality and quantity of their social connections;
- Older people develop an enhanced sense of purpose and empowerment.
- Proposals are welcome for between £40,000 and £80,000 for up to three years for work in the UK.
- Comic Relief is keen to receive applications from organisations based in the community in which they are working. The focus of the applicant organisation must be in the local community, although it may choose to work with national or regional partners. Comic Relief will also welcome application from partnerships.
- Applicants should also check Comic Relief’s grant making policies (links below) which explain Comic Relief’s eligibility criteria for all organisations applying to Comic Relief for funding.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit Active Ageing.