The City of Greater Geelong has announced the Community Events Grant Program to support moderate-sized events, which bring economic benefits to the City, enrich the community, celebrate common interests, and provide opportunities for local participation.
The aim of providing these grants is to support a diverse and inclusive annual calendar of events, which generate economic, social, and creative benefits for the Geelong community.
The grants are available to groups and organizations that deliver event(s) that have a strong focus on social connections, creative and cultural benefits and driving the economy for the City of Greater Geelong community.
The program will partner with events that align with the strategic priorities of Council Plan 2018-2022 and support the community’s clever -creative vision. Partnerships will include funding, value-add event promotion, and may include in-kind support.
What is Community Event?
For this grant program, a community event is a temporary organized activity, open to the general public, where people gather with a common purpose that aims to enhance community life. The activity is held in open spaces, facilities, or venues where there will be more people or different use of the asset than usually found at that location.
- The maximum amount of funding for a Community Events grant is $10,000 per applicant.
- Multi-year funding may be offered with a maximum of 3 years.
- Support may include cash funding, value-add promotional support via Events Geelong platforms, and in-kind support such as waived venue hire. Any in-kind support already provided by the City to the applicant will be considered during the funding evaluation process.
- Not for Profit, incorporated bodies, cooperatives or associations
- Commercial entities and businesses
- Registered charitable organizations– Refer to Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission.
- Groups with an eligible auspice or Unincorporated bodies with an eligible auspice
- Organizations with outstanding debts or arrears to the City of Greater Geelong.
- Organizations/groups that have not provided a satisfactory Evaluation/Acquittal form to the City of Greater Geelong for any previous funding received from the Council from any funding program. This includes organizations that have acted as an auspice body for an Unincorporated group.
For more information, visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/grants/article/item/8d7225419616622.aspx