The City of Greater Geelong has announced the Community Events Grant Program to support moderate-sized events, which bring economic benefits to the City, enrich the community, celebrate common interests, and provide opportunities for local participation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The aim of providing these grants is to support a diverse and inclusive annual calendar of events, which generate economic, social, and creative benefits for the Geelong community.
The grants are available to groups and organizations that deliver event(s) that have a strong focus on social connections, creative and cultural benefits and driving the economy for the City of Greater Geelong community.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The program will partner with events that align with the strategic priorities of Council Plan 2018-2022 and support the community’s clever -creative vision. Partnerships will include funding, value-add event promotion, and may include in-kind support.
What is Community Event?
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
For this grant program, a community event is a temporary organized activity, open to the general public, where people gather with a common purpose that aims to enhance community life. The activity is held in open spaces, facilities, or venues where there will be more people or different use of the asset than usually found at that location.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The maximum amount of funding for a Community Events grant is $10,000 per applicant.
- Multi-year funding may be offered with a maximum of 3 years.
- Support may include cash funding, value-add promotional support via Events Geelong platforms, and in-kind support such as waived venue hire. Any in-kind support already provided by the City to the applicant will be considered during the funding evaluation process.
- Not for Profit, incorporated bodies, cooperatives or associations
- Commercial entities and businesses
- Registered charitable organizations– Refer to Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission.
- Groups with an eligible auspice or Unincorporated bodies with an eligible auspice
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Organizations with outstanding debts or arrears to the City of Greater Geelong.
- Organizations/groups that have not provided a satisfactory Evaluation/Acquittal form to the City of Greater Geelong for any previous funding received from the Council from any funding program. This includes organizations that have acted as an auspice body for an Unincorporated group.
For more information, visit https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/grants/article/item/8d7225419616622.aspx