The Harcourts Foundation is currently accepting applications for its grants program to reputable community-based, non-profit organizations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as many people as possible.
- The organization applying for the grant MUST be a non-profit.
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item or initiative.
- Requests for the event, project, item or initiative must be scheduled to occur within four months of receiving the grant.
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, they will request that you return it so they can provide to another group elsewhere. They may ask for supporting documents such as quotes.
- If you are a branch of an organization where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from them in the past, this does not mean you automatically qualify for a grant. Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not reapply within the next 18 months, as they would like to assist other organizations.
- You may apply as a national or regional organization, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item or initiative that fits the criteria.
- Please do not submit funding requests for:
- Individual needs – such as salaries and wages. The focus is on supporting as many people as possible within the communities.
- Overseas or other travel costs.
- Religious, political, lobby causes/activities
For more information, visit https://harcourtsfoundation.org/usa/application-process-and-round-dates/