The Nordic Culture Fund is accepting applications for its grant program to support innovative and dynamic artistic and cultural life in the Nordic Region that is diverse, accessible and of high quality.
- Applicants can apply for a maximum amount of DKK 500,000.
What will Fund?
- The Fund provides funding to projects within all fields of the arts and culture. The projects must be anchored in relevant environments and have committed partners.
- The applicant, project partners and other participants in the project may be individuals, groups, associations, companies, public or private sector organisations, or institutions.
- The focus is on the Nordic players, but their stage is global. It is not a condition that applicants must live in the Nordic countries or have a Nordic nationality to apply, but the project must be relevant to their Nordic latitudes. And it must be of high quality.
- The Fund is happy to see applications for innovative projects that build upon previous networking, or a previous project.
- The Fund operates on the basis of an agreement between the Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Åland.
What will not Fund?
The Fund provides wide-ranging support, but there are certain limitations. The Fund does not finance:
- Bilateral collaborations that do not have a broader Nordic content or target group.
- Projects that lie outside the artistic or cultural field, such as sports events.
- Projects that focus primarily on, for example, business development, technological development, the social area, journalism or social science.
- The production and publication of products, if this is the sole or primary purpose of the project. This includes, for example, music releases, film and TV production, computer games production, web solutions, book publishing and translations.
- Touring activities and travelling exhibitions, unless these are part of another substantial Nordic co-operation.
- Study, research or school trips, study tours or education.
- The participation of individuals or groups in events. Only the planners/organisers of such events may seek support for this.
- Operating costs, construction and the procurement of technical equipment for operational use.
- Projects that are already completed.
For more information, visit https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/en/project-funding-info/