Applications are now open for the Trans Justice Funding Project (TJFP) Grant Program to support grassroots, trans justice groups run by and for trans people in the United States, including U.S. territories.
TJFP makes grants annually by bringing together a panel of six trans justice activists from around the country to carefully review every application they receive. They center the leadership of trans people organizing around their experiences with racism, economic injustice, transmisogyny, ableism, immigration, incarceration, and other intersecting oppressions.
2022 goal is to give away at least 1 million dollars with grant sizes of $2500, $5000, and $10,000.
Is Your Group Eligible for a TJFP Grant?
- Are you a group?
- Are you a grassroots, trans justice group run by and for trans people?
- Is your group’s total budget less than $250,000?
- Are you located in the United States or a U.S. territory?
- Are you centering the leadership of trans people organizing around their experiences with racism, economic injustice, transmisogyny, ableism, immigration, incarceration, and other intersecting oppressions?
- Are you meeting the needs of different local communities and using organizing and/or providing services to help bring people together?
- Do you see your work as part of a bigger picture of trans-led work that seeks dignity and justice for all people?
TJFP does not fund individuals.
For more information, visit https://www.transjusticefundingproject.org/apply/