The Marysville and Triangle Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Triangle Community Development Fund to support grassroots projects in the Marysville and Triangle region, via grants to incorporated organizations, so long as the project has a charitable purpose and benefits the whole community (and not individuals).
The Marysville and Triangle Community Foundation (MTCF) have been provided funds by the State of Victoria and have established the Triangle Community Development Fund Grants Program. The Triangle Community Development Program will support recovery and community projects in the Marysville and Triangle region.
Who will they Fund?
In accordance with its Constitution, MTCF must only provide funds for a “charitable purpose”. This includes:
- Advancing health;
- Advancing education;
- Advancing social or public welfare;
- Advancing culture;
- Promoting reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals that are in Australia promoting or protecting human rights;
- Advancing the security or safety of Australia or the Australian public;
- Preventing or relieving the suffering of animals;
- Advancing the natural environment;
- Promoting or opposing a change to any matter established by law, policy or practice in the Commonwealth, a state, a territory or another country, and
- Other similar purposes ‘beneficial to the general public.
Who will they not Fund?
Funding will not be provided:
- For any profit-making activities.
- For commercial interests or individual businesses.
- For any activities that are core services and/or responsibility of government.
- For people outside Australia.
- For activities that are only for the purpose of sport or recreation or socialization.
The Triangle Community Development Fund is available for projects that meet the following criteria:
- Projects must be for a charitable purpose.
- Projects must be for the benefit of the Marysville and Triangle community.
- Funding may only be granted to incorporated organizations. Funding may not be granted to individuals. Funding may not be used for political or religious purposes.
- For infrastructure projects, support by the legal owner must be obtained.
- Projects must comply with any applicable planning or statutory requirement.
For more information, visit https://marysvilletrianglefoundation.org.au/triangle-community-development-fund/