Deadline: 5 May 2017
The British Council is seeking applications for its programme UK-China Connections through “Culture Grants” to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
The programme offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organisations in China and the UK.
- Professional Development Grants (£2,500): A limited number of small grants to enable artists or members of arts organisations to visit their counterparts in China or the UK for up to ten days, to develop projects, exchange skills or see others’ work.
- Alumni Grants (£2,500): These grants are only available to alumni who received initial grants in the last 2 years, and are designed to be strategic grants to further facilitate collaboration and partnerships.
- Any individual artist or non-profit arts organisation which is in the process of developing an arts project with a counterpart arts organisation which may result in an exhibition, performance or public event. The programme expects discussions with the partner to have moved beyond preliminary expressions of interest and the initial research stage.
- Connections through Culture aims to develop institutional links and therefore individual artists can only apply if they are seeking to work directly with an institution.
- Funding bodies and for-profit companies are ineligible
- Connections through Culture does not support academic links.
- For Chinese applicants, individuals based (living) outside of mainland China are ineligible.
- For UK applicants, individuals based (living) outside of the United Kingdom are ineligible, unless temporarily living outside of the United Kingdom but retaining a home address in the United Kingdom and defined by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs as ‘resident in the UK’ for tax.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom and China
For more information, please visit British Council.