UN Women has launched its call for proposals for 4 programs funded by the European Commission under “Ending Violence against Women: Implementing Norms, Changing Minds¨ programme. The four calls are on the following:
- Assessment of Advocacy Initiatives and Tools for Changing Gender Discriminatory Social Norms and Attitudes
- Better access to and improved service provision for women and girls subject to violence against women in Turkey
- Follow-up by CSOs networks/ platforms to the implementation of Istanbul Convention and CEDAW Concluding Observations on the Seventh Periodic Report of Turkey
- Establishment of Regional Expert Working Group on Intersectional and Multiple Forms of Discrimination in the context of violence against women in six Western Balkans and Turkey
Please view the information on all the programs below:
Assessment of Advocacy Initiatives and Tools for Changing Gender Discriminatory Social Norms and Attitudes
Deadline: 15 April 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (ECARO) is inviting women civil society organizations (CSOs), women’s studies and research centres promoting women’s rights and gender equality to submit proposals to conduct an Assessment of Advocacy and Social Norms Change Initiatives as well as Tools for Changing Gender Discriminatory Social Norms and Attitudes to contribute to the implementation of the Programme Ending Discrimination and Violence against Women: Implementing Norms, Channing Minds.
The proposed intervention size and budget request will have to fall between a minimum indicative amount of EUR 40.000 and a maximum amount of EUR 60.000.
May 2017 – February 2018 (tentatively).
- Women’s rights organizations that have specialised knowledge, expertise and track record of working in women’s human rights and ending violence against women programming in the region.
- International civil society organizations that have presence in the region and have strong track record on programming on EVAW.
- Research institutions which have previous research experience on gender equality and/or violence against women.
- The applying organization must be legally registered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send all required application documents in one email through the given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia and Turkey.
For more information, please visit UN Women Grant Program.