Deadline: 15 April 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is inviting women civil society organizations (CSOs), women’s studies and research centres promoting women’s rights and gender equality to submit proposals to improve accessibility, availability and quality of service provision for women and girls subject to violence against women, with a focus on migrant and Syrian refugee women and girls in Turkey.
- Provide capacity development to service providers in line with Istanbul Convention standards for generalist and support services. Istanbul Convention calls for training of relevant professionals in the many causes, manifestations and consequences of all forms of violence. Training not only allows raising awareness among professionals, but contributes to changing the outlooks and the conduct of these professionals with regard to the victims. Furthermore, it significantly improves the nature and quality of the support provided to victims.
- Awareness raising campaigns in line with Article 13 of the Istanbul Convention, to address women victims of violence lack of knowledge about their rights and support services available for victims, particularly among migrant and Syrian refugee migrant women.
The proposed intervention size and budget request will have to fall between a minimum indicative amount of EUR 40.000 and a maximum amount of EUR 60.000.
From May 2017 to April 2018 (tentatively)
- Women’s rights organizations that are legally registered in Turkey, that have specialised knowledge, expertise and track record of working in women’s human rights and EVAW programming, including but not limited to: nongovernmental organizations, community-based organizations and advocacy networks (at national or sub-national level).
- International civil society organizations that are legally registered in Turkey, that have presence in Turkey and have strong track record on programming on EVAW/G.
- Research institutions which have previous research experience on gender equality and/or violence against women.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send all required application documents in one email through the given website.
Eligible Country: Turkey
For more information, please visit UN Women Grant Program.