The Edmonton Community Foundation has announced the Community Grant Program to support a wide range of organizational needs.
- The organization can apply for a grant up to approximately $50,000.
- Community Grants aim to support the community. A non-profit is eligible to apply if it serves the greater Edmonton area, including Leduc County, Parkland County, Strathcona County, and Sturgeon County.
- The non-profit must also have a charitable registration number from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or be considered a qualified donee.
Applying for a Community Grant
- If you don’t have a recent relationship with them (successfully received a Community Grant in the last five years), your organization can apply for a grant up to approximately (see note) $50,000.
- If you’ve worked with ECF recently (successful Community Grant approved, completed, and reported on), you can apply for a grant up to approximately (see note) $80,000.
Note: They will consider amounts slightly above these limits when there is a strong rationale.
ECF’s Two-Stage Process
- They use a two-stage process that includes a preliminary online application, followed by a full proposal, if requested.
- This process is meant to assist applicants. For projects that are unlikely to receive funding for any reason, it prevents the applicant organization from dedicating time and resources to a full proposal that will not be successful.
- It also allows their staff the chance to raise questions in the Request for Proposal letter, helping to strengthen the final proposal, which is reviewed by one of five sub-committees.
Note: Attachments such as letters of support, financial statements, or testimonials are not required during the first stage. If they need more information, they will contact the applicant.
When to Submit
- They encourage you to apply early! they have a continual intake of preliminary applications with quarterly deadlines depending on when funding is required.
- This allows them to review each on its own merit and respond promptly with questions and feedback. There are more opportunities to provide support for charities that apply early. This also gives you more time to write a strong proposal. They do not provide retroactive funding.
For more information, visit https://www.ecfoundation.org/grants/community-grants/apply-for-a-community-grant/