Applications are now open for the Movement Infrastructure Fund support work that provides long-term scaffolding for movement organizations and formations to transform what’s possible.
Solidaire works to fundamentally change economic, political and cultural power systems by growing and nurturing a network of donor organizers to accompany movements for social and racial justice.
The Movement Infrastructure Fund invests in bold visions that are often overlooked and underfunded. Supporting work that is led by those most impacted by injustice, the Movement Infrastructure Fund invests in movements that work to dismantle and disrupt extractive, exploitative, and oppressive systems.
In 2021, Solidaire is interested in movement infrastructure proposals that support resistance through systems and tools, as well as proposals that build transformative futures through agency and scale. Examples include:
- Starting or expanding a community-owned broadband initiative;
- Building out communications tools or staff to advance narrative or culture change;
- Intervening on cases against corporations or the government with progressive legal assistance;
- Expanding organizers in rural places;
- Security training and equipment purchases; or
- Campaigns for local housing solutions.
- Grants will range in size from $20,000 – $200,000.
- Examples of movement infrastructure include buildings and land, new incorporations or entities, democratic governance structures, expertise and skill building, system development and sustained people power.
- They also welcome participatory research projects that are led by/informed by folks directly impacted and which look to create or invest more deeply in movement infrastructure projects with broad impact.
- To be eligible:
- Work should be led by the most directly impacted people working on the front lines.
- Grant requests may be to support time-bound work for a 12-24 month period or for multi-year support (3-5 years).
- Organizations or groups must have an organizational budget under $3mil. Grants can support C3, C4, LLCs, and other vehicles.
For more information, visit https://solidairenetwork.org/grantmaking/movement-infrastructure-fund/