The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is inviting proposals for its grant programme to support projects that will contribute to the transformation of high streets and town centres in England helping them become thriving places, strengthening local communities and encouraging local economies to prosper.
It is part of a wider initiative to revive heritage high streets in England, alongside Historic England’s High Streets Heritage Action Zones. Together, these programmes form part of the Future High Streets Fund, administered by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
The programme is for individual heritage buildings in, or transferring to, community ownership. They will support charities and social enterprises to develop projects with the potential to bring new life to high streets by creating alternative uses for redundant or underused historic buildings in town centres.
- Project Viability Grants: up to £15,000, for early viability and feasibility work.
- Project Development Grants: up to £100,000, for capital project development costs.
- Crowdfunding Challenge Grants: up to £25,000, to match fund crowdfunding campaigns.
Wherever you are in the UK, your organisation must be one of the following not-for-private-profit organisations or lowest tiers of local government:
- Unincorporated organisations that are intending to incorporate (for Project Viability Grants only)
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs or SCIOs)
- Charitable Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Charitable Community Benefit Societies
- Community Benefit Societies
- Not-for-private-profit Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Community Interest Companies (CICs) Limited by Guarantee
- Parish and Town Councils
For more information, visit http://ahfund.org.uk/england