The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is awarding short term scholarships to enable qualified students, early-career academics and researchers based in Armenia to participate in international seminars, conferences, summer courses and other relevant activities related to their research field abroad.
The objective of the programme is to encourage academic interaction and exchange of knowledge and ideas. Scholarships are awarded mostly for short-term travel grants. In rare cases, longer research/study trips will be considered, for up to three months.
The grant amount is fixed regardless of length of travel and is calculated based on the table below. It is expected that the applicants cover any shortfall from other sources of funding. The grant covers the following expenses in the first instance: registration, accommodation, travel costs and visa fees.
- Europe (EU and neighboring countries): Up to 1000 €
- Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, etc.): Up to 1200€
- Middle East and East Asia (Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, etc.): Up to 800€
- Ex-USSR countries (excluding Baltic Republics): Up to 700€
- Far East (China, South Korea, India, Japan, Australia, etc.): Up to 1500€
- Going to Armenia from abroad: Up to 1000€
Candidates wishing to apply for a Short Term Conference and Travel Grant to Students and Young Academics in Armenia must meet the following requirements:
- Be studying/based in Armenia
- Be under 35 years old at the time of the application
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/en/bolsas-lista/short-term-conference-and-travel-grants-3/