The National Arts Council of South Africa (NAC) invites registered arts organisations/companies within the arts sector to apply for the three-year Arts Organisation Support Funding.
Arts organisations active in the disciplines of theatre, dance, music, visual arts, craft, literature, and multi-discipline are invited to submit an application which should specify the critical focus areas their Projects/Programmes address.
Proposed projects/programmes should have impact on arts and/or local communities. The creation of new works, arts development, arts promotion, job creation, capacity building in arts entrepreneurship and facilitation of access to the arts will be taken into consideration. Furthermore, proposals that promote nation building and social cohesion and have a strong community base in collaboration with others working in similar fields will be preferable. Proposed artistic programmes must demonstrate impact and value for the communities they operate in. This invitation also encourages arts organisations that support the involvement of women, youth and people living with disabilities particularly in historically disadvantaged areas.
The funding will be allocated in line with the six critical focus areas of the NAC reflected below:
- Social Cohesion and Nation Building
- Marginalised and Indigenous arts
- Addressing social ills
- Supporting vulnerable groups
- New Works and Digital Arts
- Capacity Building and Entrepreneurship
Consideration will be given to organisations that have the capacity and proven track record to implement arts programmes according to various phases, within the required timelines. In addition, organisations should demonstrate the capacity to utilise the funding with integrity and compliance with the principles and practices of sound governance.
- The different phases and ceiling amounts for funding are:
- Foundation Phase: Organisations operational for 3 – 5 years – maximum of R350 000 per annum
- Intermediate Phase: Organisations operational for 5 years or more – maximum of R550 000 per annum
- Established Phase: Organisations operational for more than 10 years – maximum of R1 000 000 per annum
- NAC invites registered arts organisations/companies within the arts sector to apply for the three-year Arts Organisation Support Funding.
- Arts organisations active in the disciplines of theatre, dance, music, visual arts, craft, literature, and multi-discipline are invited to submit an application.
- Beneficiaries that have received NAC 2022 project funding are not eligible to apply for Arts Organisation Funding. Beneficiaries that receive Arts Organisation Funding are not eligible to apply for project funding during the three-year period. Applicants that have been blacklisted by the National Department of Sport, Arts and Culture and the NAC due to non-compliance of previous funding awards will not be eligible for funding.
For more information, visit NAC.