Deadline: 15 September 2017
Through this new initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for cross-border activities that include participation in events, networking, research and collaborative meetings. Mobility support is provided to selected individuals for travel from Asia to Europe, Europe to Asia & within Asia.
Mobility First! – ASEF Cultural Mobility Initiative is being launched in April 2017 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of ASEF, which was established in 1997 as the only institution of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM).
- Participation in workshops, conferences, festivals, biennales, networking sessions
- Participation in artists’/writers’ residencies
- Participation in culture-related training
- ‘Go and see’ or short-term exploration visits
- Participation in practice-led research
- Participation in partner meeting/s for exchanges and collaboration (to set up new cross-border collaborations)
- Participation in transnational networks (to sustain and/or widen existing networks)
- Currently, the selection criteria for Mobility First! prioritises cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international.
- Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,000 for for travel from Asia to Europe or Europe to Asia.
- Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for for travel within Asia.
- Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
Individuals & organisations actively involved in the field of arts & culture who are eligible as per following guidelines:
- Artists & cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply.
- Artists are defined as those directly involved in the production of artworks in any genre of the arts.
- Cultural professionals are defined as others working in the field of arts & culture such as curators, arts writers (including critics), arts managers, researchers etc.
- Applicants should be citizens of member countries of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) and seek support for travel within the ASEM region.
- Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed
- Cultural organisations may apply to become ASEF’s partners; selected organisations will co-select individuals who will receive support to attend specific events organised by the partner (e.g. arts festivals, conferences). Selected partner organisations are expected organise the event as well as provide selected persons with local contacts and context. For example, an arts organization organising a photography festival may wish to apply to Mobility First! and together with ASEF, will co-select 4 photographers who will be given ASEF’s support to be present at the festival.
- Cultural organisations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Nonprofit arts organisations will be prioritised.
- Cultural organisations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
- Organisations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, the Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, the Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Viet Nam.
For more information, please visit Mobility First!.