The City of Greater Dandenong is now inviting applications for its Arts, Festivals and Events Stream Grants to support arts, festivals and events that promote community connection, cross cultural exchange and appreciation of cultural diversity.
The Community Support Grants Program enables Council to partner with communities to support initiatives that:
- Contribute to Council’s vision and strategic priorities.
- Enhance community capacity in responding to local needs.
- Contribute to improvement of community safety, health and wellbeing.
- Encourage active participation in community life.
- Increase partnership and collaboration.
- Increase intercultural connections, promotes understanding and celebrates diversity.
- Promote access, inclusion of individuals or groups that may experience exclusion.
- Have the best sustainable outcomes for the local community.
- Projects in the Festivals and Events category will:
- Build community connection and cross-cultural exchange.
- Activate public space.
- Be open and accessible to the wider Greater Dandenong community.
- Increase collaboration and partnerships in delivering joint events.
- A maximum of one application per organisation per round is accepted and a maximum of $10,000 can be awarded per organisation per financial year. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications requesting over $5,000 must demonstrate a dollar for dollar financial contribution (eg if an application requests $7,000 the project must have matched financial contribution of a minimum of $2,000).
- To be eligible to apply for the Community Support Grants Program, applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a not-for-profit incorporated association or similar incorporated legal entity, or be auspiced by another not-for-profit incorporated organisation or similar legal entity.
- Applicants must be based within or provide services to the residents of the City of Greater Dandenong.
- Applicants must have complied with the conditions and reporting requirements of all previous grants and funding provided by the City of Greater Dandenong.
- Applicants must possess a current Public Liability Insurance of a minimum of $20 million or provide evidence of coverage of project activities under an alternative public liability insurance.
- Applicants must implement their proposal within the Community Support Grants Program project period.
- Individual artists can apply to lead community-based arts/cultural projects up to $5000. Arts projects over $5,000 must be led by and developed by locally based organisations in partnership with individual artist.
- Applications from schools will only be considered for activities that are outside of the school’s core responsibilities and are open to and benefit the wider community (core responsibilities include curriculum activities, school concerts, camps, inter-school sports, and similar regular activities undertaken by schools).
- Government affiliated local volunteer groups providing a civic service (such as Country Fire Authority or Victorian State Emergency Services) are eligible for community engagement and awareness raising activities beyond the scope of the Statutory Authority’s support.
- Projects that have demonstrated evidence of a high achievement of intended outcomes may be considered for repeat application beyond two consecutive years of funding.
For more information, visit https://greaterdandenong.smartygrants.com.au/CSGPAFE2022Rnd2