The City of Victor Harbor is accepting applications for its Festive Decorations Grant Program.
- The objective of the Victor Harbor Festive Decoration Grants Program is to:
- Provide the Victor Harbor community the opportunity to decorate their main street and/or public space to celebrate the festive season
- Increase community participation in cultural activities
- Strengthen the identity and profile of the culture in Victor Harbor
- Facilitate activities that contribute to public spaces and/or promote cultural vitality, creativity, and connection within the city.
- A total funding pool of $10,000 has been allocated in the 2022/23 budget to support the Festive Decorations grant program.
- The program will support the purchase/creation and installation of outdoor festive decorations such as lighting, Christmas trees, feature decorations, signage and banners that are able to be installed in outdoor public areas, such as main streets, and/or iconic, high visibility areas with Victor Harbor.
- Funded projects must be able to demonstrate community support, have a clear scope on what will be delivered, address safety and risk issues in the installation of decorations and provide genuine public benefit.
- The program will not support the following projects:
- Installations inside buildings or on the external façade of a privately owned commercial building
- Signage or promotional materials for a specific event
- Retrospective funding e.g. projects that have already started or have been completed
- Festive installations where installation contravenes any Council or government policy.
- The program will support the following applicants:
- Not-for-profit community groups or organisations that are based within Victor Harbor
- Not-for-profit community groups or organisations that are not based within Victor Harbor but whose proposed project will primarily impact upon residents in Victor Harbor
- Individual artist(s) who are residents of Victor Harbor
- Individual artists that are not based within Victor Harbor but whose proposed project will primarily impact upon residents in Victor Harbor.
For more information, visit https://www.victor.sa.gov.au/notice-board/the-latest/grants#accordion__target-942929-3