Deadline: 6 April 2017
The Australia-Japan Foundation is seeking applications for its 2017 Grants program to promote people-to-people links and a contemporary and positive image of Australia and support for the Australian Government’s international policy goals.
The Australia-Japan Foundation seeks to advance Australia’s engagement with Japan by supporting people-to-people linkages, promoting a contemporary image of Australia in Japan, and facilitating informed discussion on key bilateral foreign and trade policy issues.
- to increase awareness and understanding in Japan of shared interests with Australia;
- to increase awareness and understanding in Australia of the importance of Japan to Australia as an economic and strategic partner; and
- to increase recognition in Japan of Australian excellence and expertise.
- Communication, Information and Advocacy
- Economic Diplomacy and Geopolitics
- Education and Australian studies
- Scientific innovation
- Society and Culture
- Between $630,000 and $730,000 in 2017-18 is available for this grant opportunity, subject to appropriation, starting in July 2017.
- Grant applications for a minimum of $5000 or maximum of $50,000 per year will be considered. In addition, ‘significant’ (between $50,000 and $80,000) and multi-year funding (up to $50,000 per year for up to three years) may be considered where a strong case has been given to demonstrate that a program addresses a specific need, is particularly worthwhile, sustainable and able to advance the Australia-Japan relationship.
- It is anticipated that most grants will be between $15,000 and $40,000 per year, depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
To be eligible you must:
- be one of the following entity types:
- an Australian entity with an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- a consortium with a lead organization
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organization
- an Australian local government body
- an Australian State/Territory government body
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- an Australian statutory authority
- be an Australian or permanent resident of Australia
- or be a Japanese citizen or organization
- and be willing to provide or develop child protection guidelines for applicant’s project if it involves people under the age of 18 years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Australia-Japan Foundation’s 2017 Grants.