Deadline: 10 May 2016
AuthorAID is currently inviting researchers from the developing world for its following 2 (two) new grants related to gender:
- Travel Grants: For researchers to use to present gendered research at a conference, or for attending a conference on the topic of gender, or for attending training in gender issues.
- Workshop Grants: For experienced researchers or academic staff who would like to organise a gender workshop. Some topics may include:
- Gender mainstreaming in higher education
- Developing an institutional gender policy
- Gendered research
- Including gender in proposal writing
- Sexual harassment and/or security
- The impact of gender roles on professional development
- Two researchers from eligible countries will be awarded Travel grant, following a competitive selection process. Each of the successful grant recipients will receive GBP (British Pounds) 1500 to use to present gendered research at a conference, or for attending a conference on the topic of gender, or for attending training in gender issues.
- Two researchers or academic staff from eligible countries will receive Workshop grant, following a competitive selection process. Each of the successful grant recipients will receive GBP (British Pounds) 4000 to use to run a gender workshop at their institution. We can supply materials and provide support to develop the workshop programme if needed.
People who are citizens of and living in one of the developing countries are eligible to apply for an AuthorAID grant or for a place on an AuthorAID online course.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit online application form in order to apply.
Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Brazzaville, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fed. States of Micronesia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau ,Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos (Lao PDR), Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives , Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria (Syrian Arab Republic), Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Togo, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit http://www.authoraid.info/en/news/details/1038/