The International Indigenous Women’s Forum (FIMI) is a global mechanism that brings together the collective leadership of Indigenous Women human rights leaders and activists from all around the world —Asia, Africa, Americas, Pacific and Arctic— in order to develop a common political agenda, build capacities and develop leadership of Indigenous Women.
FIMI adopts strategic programing and programmatic integration approach with Political Participation and Advocacy, Global School, Research Program, and the Indigenous Women’s Fund (AYNI Fund) as key strategic programs.
This is an open call to all Indigenous Women organizations in the global south in the context of Covid-19 pandemic and multiple crises that are impacting Indigenous Peoples and communities.
- Institutional Strengthening
- Advocacy On Political Power
- Land, Territory and Resources
- Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change
- Access to Public Services
- Prevention and Elimination of All Types of Violence, including Sexual and Gender Based Violence Towards Indigenous Women and Girls
- Strengthening of Economic Empowerment
- Small grants
- Community projects: 14,000 to 25,000 USD
- Medium grants
- Projects with national or sub regional coverage: 25,000 to 85,000 USD
- Large grants
- Projects of organizations or networks with regional sub regional coverage 85,000 to 200,000 USD
- Small grants: Maximum of 18 months
- Large grants: Maximum of 24 months
- Medium grants: Maximum of 24 months
- Indigenous Women’s Organization or a network or Organization led by Indigenous Women (occupying in decision making with at least 50% of the Board of Directors and key executive staff are Indigenous Women) of the eligible countries.
- Organizations registered in accordance with the traditional rules of their communities or current legislation of respective countries and holding bank accounts, or, have an agreement letter with an organization which is legally registered and has a bank account, letter to be a fiscal sponsor. The letter shall explain the relationship between and responsibilities of both organizations.
For more information, visit https://lfs.fimi-iiwf.org/